Sunday, March 21, 2010

Excel Project

This project was divided into two parts for me. The easy and routine part and the NEW and learning part. The first part of the project was to format and manipulate the raw data. This section was the easiest part of the project. I have worked with Excel and have taken various courses on working with Excel. The general formatting of the sheet was very easy. The manipulating of the data was a higher degree of difficulty but nothing that I found very hard. Working with equations is something I had to do almost daily in my previous job.

The second section of the project was to create two pivot tables. Although this topic has been covered in most of the Excel courses that I have taken, I feel that if you don't put this knowledge to practice you forget what you have learned. The first section I completed in much less than an hour. Creating the pivot tables took me more time. I encountered difficulties while working on the first pivot table. I keep looking at my numbers and they didn't look correct. I went round and round until I finally realized that I had to change it from sum to count. After that the second table was easier and quicker to complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment