Monday, February 1, 2010

Week 4 - Clear


After reading this chapter the differences in software became clear. Application software are programs that are designed to make us more productive and assist us with personal tasks.


In the my daily routine I am required to use many software applications. Without knowing it I touch on all four categories: business, graphics & media, home/personal/educational, and communications. In the business category, I am required to use Excel for spreadsheets and to work with Project to manage timeline for projects or assignments to be completed. When working on presentations and on our company directory in my previous job I was required to use many different software such as Powerpoint, Photoshop, and Illustrator. These all fall in the category of graphics & media. Daily we use our email and instant messaging to communicate through out the office and with outside vendors. And on a personal or educational basis, I use TurboTax and many others.


As I noted in a previous posting, I had not realized how much this class would add to my learning.


No comments:

Post a Comment