Sunday, April 18, 2010

Week 14 - Muddy



This week left me totally CONFUSED!!!! I think this was on of the most difficult topics for me. Again (notice past blogs) I have confusion on storage and space and memory!!!!!! This week the discussion touched on RAID (Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks). (Yes it's like Chinese to me again...........) What I do know that its nothing like that red spray can........
I went on to look it up on the Internet to see if I got a better understanding of the concept but I think I am more perplexed than when I started the lectures this week. Wikepedia states that RAID distributes data across multiple disks, but the array is seen by the operating system and the user as one single disk. It also discussed "mirroring" which the writing of identical data to more than one disk (easy to understand... ). Another term was striping that is the splitting of data across more than one disk.

No comments:

Post a Comment